Frequently Asked Questions


Where Does MRCI provide services?

MRCI is one of the largest nonprofit organizations of its kind in Minnesota.


What Client Directed Services does MRCI provide?

MRCI provides Consumer Directed Community Support Services (CDCS), the Consumer Support Grant, PCA Choice, VD-HCBS, Personal Support/Respite and Private Pay in Minnesota.


What is Self-Directed Services?

Self-directed services means that participants or their representatives have decision-making authority over certain services and manage their services with supports like those provided by MRCI. Self-directed services gives participants the responsibility for managing all aspects of service, more control and more flexibility regarding the services they receive.


How do I use MRCI Services?

County case managers can determine whether someone is eligible MRCI services. MRCI Staff work personally with the individuals we serve to ensure a positive experience: we understand your needs. MRCI Client Directed Services (CDS) is a leading provider of Financial Management Services (FMS) for the State of Minnesota. Since 2004, CDS has worked with families throughout the state to provide FMS to individuals and families who choose to self-direct their own services. MRCI-CDS offers FMS to 10 different programs under five different waivers.



How do I reach MRCI?

Our toll free phone number is answered by a real person during business hours.  Call us at 1-800-829-7110 or use our contact us form and we will call you.


Why can’t I submit changes to the budget without the Case Manager approval?

As the Fiscal Management Service provider, MRCI-CDS is only manages the client budgets with approval from the Case Manager. It is up to the family to contact the Case Manager to discuss how the funds will be allocated. For additional information on what is allowed you can refer to the Lead Agency Manual Link provided on our webpage.


Can I give my employee a raise?

Utilize the status change form on your program page. Fill out the form up to the maximum amount allowed on the Community Support Plan and turn it in, if allowed. (Please note depending on what program you are enrolled in there may be restrictions. Contact a Program Specialist for more information.)


How much money do I have left in my budget or in a certain category?

You contact our Program Specialist at 1-800-829-7110 and request a spending summary and coming soon this information will be available for your electronically on your participant dashboard.


Do I lose my Personal Time Off (PTO) at any point in employment?

According to the contract between the State of Minnesota and SEIU you can accumulate up to 80 hours of Paid Time Off. Please contact your SEIU representative for more details.


How do I use my Personal Time Off (PTO)?

 You need to complete and submit the PTO request form which can be found on your program page.


How do I change to the FEA (Payroll Model) program?

Contact a Program staff for assistance on this program.








Contact Us

Client Directed Services

1961 Premier Drive, Suite 318

Mankato, MN 56001


Phone  800.829.7110

This information is available in other forms to individuals with disabilities or other languages by calling us locally at 507-386-5600 or toll free at 800-829-7110, TTY users can also call us through Minnesota Relay at 711 or (800) 627-3529